Wednesday, 21 June 2017

Smart Casual Office Wear in a Heatwave

In the UK we are unusually melting for June.  It gives me an opportunity to bare legs and be a bit 'caj' in the office.  It's actually super lovely to just don a dress,  add a necklace and slip on some birkies.  And,  yes,  keep the birkies  on in the office, the rebel am I!  What's not lovely  is liquifying on the trains as the air con gives up at the same time as the carriage is packed due to delays  (warping rails.)

Monday saw me doing just the above.  I pulled out a dress last seen in the Spanish Plume.  I slipped on birkies as I headed out of the door.  Every intention  (really) to change into my under desk wedge sandals.  However I didn't.  I fancied a small rebellion that day.  The heat had clearly got to me.  I kept my red birkenstocks on and flip flapped my feet through the office.  The normal Monday question of 'How are you? ' was answered with 'small.'  This is due to being 5 foot and a smidge I normally will only be seen in my office in heels.  That day I didn't care.  And it was freeing.

Onto my dress.


This dress gets so many compliments on IG and in real life but it's not one of my favourites.  Funny how others like what you would happily discard.   It's an easy dress, no iron, machine washable and as I said compliment attracting.

The beige and white stripes are an easy elegance for an office environment.  It's quite a few years old now. It has a slimming pull you in lining. Always handy.

I added a gold necklace, also old, actually about 18 years. It was from a Pierre Lang jewellery party. Who remembers those?

My birkenstocks added a splash of colour being a coral red.  I rather liked the red with beige, white and gold. 


12 comments:

  1. No ironing! I love anything like that! We are both sporting stripey dresses this week.Looking forward to seeing your pleated skirt btw.Iremember Pierre Lang! Do you remember Cabouchon? That was around the same sort of time.You don't hear of house parties like that anymore. xx
    www.vanityandmestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I remember Cabouchon too. Such a shame that they dropped. Pierre Lang turned out to be such good quality. All of my pieces are as if I bought them yesterday.

      Delete
  2. Very flattering! I like the sound of that lining. Now I need red Birks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No iron! What's not to like? Love the red sandals!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is perfect. I love the neutral color and you can style it is so many ways! Everyone loves easy care clothes! Thank you for joining the Ladies Who Link Up party today! Peace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl. I'm going to be reading your fitness piece shortly.

      Delete
  5. Gosh I am SO glad the heatwave is gone. I feel like our family went through Hell and back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is much cooler now. We just don't build homes for that weather here.

      Delete
  6. This dress had me at No Iron. Oh and Slimming Pull. And ... It just went on. Lovely look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. I'm stunned I wore a dress 3 days in a row. So unlike me.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible soon.