Saturday, 22 April 2017

Being Jane

Dear Fashionista,  just as I was running out of clothing ideas for the week up popped Jane from My Midlife Fashion.  Jane was showing a striped blue shirt,  navy trousers,  military jacket and pearls,  oh,  and red shoes. 

So doable for me.  So office,  especially as I needed a jacket on Thursday as I was interviewing.

My shirt is a few years old,  Zara basics.  My jacket is Monsoon.  Skirt,  I needn't discuss due to its appearance here.  Shoes are just my walking to work sketchers.  Please ignore. They are not a style phenomena.






I added navy tights to compensate for not wearing navy trousers to replicate the look as much as possible. 


My pearls have been knotted a little lower than Jane's recently so I adjusted them slightly to fall next to my first done up button as she has done.




In the office I happen to have red shoes. How jammy is that! 



The only time I wore the jacket in the office was actually, well, not at all as the interviews were cancelled.   Still, my red shoes went well with the look sans jacket.





What did I think of my adaption?  I'd prefer it as Jane had worn,  with trousers or jeans. I can feel a casual Friday coming along. A military jacket and skirt looked at bit,  well, military.  I look  like I'm an officer in the navy. (I could put up with that if I had a gentleman/Richard Gere). Still it was an idea for the day.  I will be combining the shirt and pearls again for work.   I adored those together.  I will do this look with jeans too. I won't combine the jacket and skirt again. 

Here's Jane's version.Jane's version  So much better you must agree.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely jacket and a great take on Jane's eponymous military look. She's such an inspiration, I liked being her. I'm sure Mr Him would make a great officer and gentleman accessory in his white naval kit!
    You are going to look fab next multi day in the jacket and shirt with jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be a blog coming up in a few weeks.

      Delete
  2. I follow Jane's blog too and she's got some fab styles, you look very stylish in this one and you've styled a winner! Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stripes with the pearls. I get so many ideas from other bloggers! Thanks for linking up with Fashion Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its an approach I will be repeating. A fab combo created by Jane.

      Delete
  4. A winning look. Love pearls with stripes, and red with blue, and military jackets. So all together, divine.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very good copy indeed! Just popped over for a look! I don't follow Jane so I had to look! I'm really liking those Red shoes. Gorgeous.
    www.vanityandmestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful jacket and I really like the longer length. Those red shoes are darling! Thank you so much for linking up with Fabulous Friday so I could discover your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible soon.