Tuesday, 7 March 2017

The Faux Leather Jegging

Sometimes  Most of the time, I'm late for the party.  And I don't mean fashionably late to make an entrance.  I mean  arriving after everyone's gone home!  Take pleather or coated jeggings for instance.  I haven't been to that party yet.  Have you?  In fact just as the sun rises on the festival of the pleather jegging I decide to pay a visit.  Let's face it,  when that festival comes around again I'll be tucked up in bed given my age.  So it's now or never.

To be sure I could get away with this I scoured the Internet for fifty something women in leather pleather jeggings.  I found a few.  With that reassurance I ventured into Next and bought some.  Yes, I did. Now, to wear them. 


Look 1

First outing was to a local pub.  I styled them with a poloneck skinny jumper from Kettlewell colours and my Cadenza poncho and burgundy ankle boots.  I liked the mix of textures resulting from combining the cashmere and pleather. Mr Him was quite delighted with this look. (sorry about the lighting)





Look 2

Mr Him had arranged for us to meet a school friend of his for a curry the next day. I've had two brief conversations with this chap over the last 12 years so barely know him and never met the fiance.   I didn't want to appear frumpy so a perfect opportunity to break out the pleather again. ('Yes please', said Mr Him, when I consulted him.) All well and good but what to wear with them?


It was a chilly day.  I decided my blue Kim & co cowl neck would work. I added my ilymix.com necklace and my Clarks Boylan dawn  ankle boots. 







Previous mentions/links of the

Blue cowl neck top cowl top
Boots and link Boylan Dawn boots  clarks-mourning-dependable-bendable.html
Necklace link  necklace which is 20% off and free international postage with code Mutton_style20


The Next pleather jeggings  are  available in store in petite and regular.
 

4 comments:

  1. You look fabulous in both outfits, no wonder Mr Him was getting hot under the collar seeing his lovely leggy lady in pleather. Me? I didn't get an invite. Pleather wouldn't want to my caught wrapped around MY legs in a Pleather Party paparazzi pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for a pair of faux leather jeggings, but can't seem to find the right ones. These are absolutely perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your style! Everything you wear, I would wear.I'm always in Faux leather leggings too. F&F I find are my favourite. Thank you so much for linking up to Celebrating Style x
    www.vanityandmestyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible soon.