Sunday, 26 March 2017

Desert island products - part 2



I promised I'd update my desert island list, and it seems appropriate to do it just after the bench of doom er facial remediation post.  The following are items that I have repeat purchased in the last 3 months.

So to start shampoo.  Have you heard of Mane 'n Tail? 

Mane n Tail Original Shampoo 355ml, , large


 This is a reasonably priced iconic shampoo and conditioner available online, just google. My youngest daughter Miss 18, enjoys neighing when I mention my hair wash. This is because the  original Mane 'n Tail was designed for horses manes and tails but then bottled for humans too, and that's still the case. I use the set for coloured hair, not labelled suitable for horses.  With my fine hair I find this set for coloured hair  provides body plus I get 3 days clean hair.  When I was away in NYC  I used a high street brand for coloured hair.  It made me appreciate this all the more.  My hair was flat, lifeless and needed washing after 2 days. 

Do you wear shower caps?  I didn't until I read a tip that it stops the steam of the shower flattening,  frizzing or whatever other 'ing' humidity does to your hair.  I invested in this one 18 months ago and finally the elastic has gone loose.  I have  repurchased.  It's by Dirty Works and available in some Sainsbury's.  I like the sturdiness and slightly hip pattern and colour.




Tarte CC cream.  I mentioned this before.  I stocked up on more when I was in NYC. 


Trish mcevoy eye base.  This is available from Harvey Nicholls and Selfridges in the UK and Bloomingdales in the USA. I've used this as eye primer for years and just adore it. It provides me with a good base for eyeshadow.  It really works.



Daniel Sandler lipstick in Cherub.  This has lasted me 5 years I'm sure.  Now worn out I've found this shade still available from his website.  I stocked up with two. I have pink lipsticks,  red lipsticks and cinnamon coloured which all have their particular place with my clothes.  Reds and pinks with grey,  cinnamon with teal and so on.  Cherub is universal in my wardrobe.  A very handy shade to have around. 






old one finally finished up

nice new shiny lippy



5 comments:

  1. I love the sound of your Mane N Tail shampoo, Anna. I think it might be just what I need. Wonder if it's available in Australia. We are a horse loving nation too, after all.

    Been a shower cap wearer for many decades now.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great beauty products here. I love my CC cream. Mane N Tail sounds intriguing - I'm going to have to look into that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm going to try to join in with the neighing. I use John Frieda volume shampoo but it needs washing every other day, and that is sometimes pushing it. I've got a plain blue shower cap hanging idle but will try to use it more often after reading this. I use lip balm rather than lippy these days but your colour looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh Iv'e never heard of Mane and Tail before. Sounds very interesting! I wonder if it will help tame my mane! The lippy looks lovely too.
    Thank you so much for linking up to Celebrating Style Anna. Oh and the next event I'm invited to, I will take you with me if you want. Would love to meet up xx
    www.vanityandmestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to. I asked Mary to send you my email address btw. I'll remind her.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible soon.