Thursday, 16 February 2017

Zinc Infused Meal

Dear reader, Miss 22, Mr automotive 26 engineer are recovering from a lurgy.  Mr Him had a lurgy.  They are all determined that I shouldn't get a lurgy  (given my last episode and out of this worldliness that occurred.)  Miss 22 decided we needed immune boosting food.  She Googled and shopped.  She chopped and sautéed.  She stirred and seasoned.  She served zinc and vitamin C.

It was lovely. 

Her research prompted her to invent the following zinc packed meal .

Minced beef 500g
1 onion
Garlic to taste (2 cloves I think she used )
1 green pepper for flavour
Pumpkin seeds  (1 cup )
Can of kidney beans
Can of chickpeas
Mushrooms
Chilli flakes and thyme to add flavour

Sauté onion, garlic, pepper until softened.  Add beef and once cooked through she added mushrooms and the cans of beans and chickpeas and the flavouring.

She served it with brown rice (zinc) and raw spinach  (vit C)




Followed by an orange.

It was very tasty and served 4 of us. I certainly would have this again despite the fact that she worried that it wouldn't taste good.  She told us that it was a meal for nourishment. 

2 comments:

  1. Please thank Miss 22 for this recipe on my behalf, Anna. I've been looking for ways to combine beans and chickpeas with beef mince would you believe? Like how this isn't tomato based either. Nice flavour change.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sure to tell her. Let me know if you like it.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible soon.