Wednesday, 8 February 2017

Using Leopard Print as a Disguise

Leopard print!   Oh, Pantone,  why can't you make leopard print the colour of the year? Oh, I know that little detail,  it's not a colour,  but it is a neutral isn't it. Isn't it! And what's the difference between colour and neutrals between you and I!

My love of leopard print extends from shoes to scarves with a stop off at bags on the way.  Not to mention the odd blouse and skirt. 



My Boden Bag (pic courtesy of Boden)


So, I have an idea.  If you recollect you and I and instagram fell out over my red jumper here.  You won.  I kept it.  With a bit of Pinterest-spiration I decided to use my beloved leopard print to wear the jumper.  
My Kettlewell Colours red jumper

I have two leopard print scarves.  For the jumper I chose my paler but thicker scarf by Dune details here.  I wound it around my neck two times and tied it at the back to make an infinity then I pulled a bit down for a scruffier less organised look. That's me folks, scruffy and less organised. Less I've made an effort.  





If leopard print could turn around my red jumper then maybe it could  my denim shirt too.

For this look I chose my skinnier,  less bulky scarf.  I wanted a round the neck look sitting between the collar of the shirt. I added a light weight H&M Basics cardigan. I'm also one for a slightly chaotic boho look so I added a long necklace.  I chose my bronze elephant from Accessorize as the bronze tones well with denim and this warmer colouring leopard scarf. 



 Black skinny jeans to avoid denim on denim  and black booties (so I didn't overheat in the office ). I did a half tuck of the shirt adding a brown leather belt for contrast.  I wanted the cuffs of the shirt to show below the cardi for a fashionsta style layered look.



excuse the dirty mirror (note to self - go and clean it)



Could you add a scarf, leopard or not, to one of your items that you struggle styling?  That's your challenge for the week. 

5 comments:

  1. It's amazing how the leoprint transforms those outfits, Anna. I tried getting cuffs and shurt bottom to show under my jumper recently but I had to secretly agree with TP, I looked a bit messy! Good challenge, but difficult to choose just the one isolated style struggles from my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, leopard can reinvigorate a tired item it appears. I suppose it depends on the jumper and the cuffs as to whether it works.

      Delete
  2. I love leopard and red together! The scarf looks great with the chambray shirt too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love leopard and red too. Also leopard and navy is striking.

      Delete
  3. I love leopard print anything, but I don't actually own true leopard print items (even though they have been on my list forever). I love both of your scarves - they look fantastic with both outfits! And, yes, I love wearing scarves! I almost always wear either a statement necklace or a scarf.

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible soon.