Monday, 12 December 2016

A Festive Look by Working my Clothes

It's been an entertaining weekend,  in the nicest possible way.  On Saturday night I met my brother and his wife for a meal in Tunbridge Wells.  This is a Christmas town.
All the better to get out a bit of sparkle.  I decided to cross functional my clothes.  Really make my wardrobe work.  I selected a gold t shirt  (last worn on holiday here   the last picture)  and paired it with a black work jacket and black skinnie jeans.  I added my Clarks boots and a cross body black bag.  It would have worked better with gold shoes but it was raining out so boots required. 






Finally a rather bling necklace from Alice's Wonders here.  I've had this about 18 months but it's still available.  I've had so many compliments on this necklace.  It does feel a bit scratchy around the neck but I seem to get used to it after 5 minutes. 
Gold Solitaire Sparkle Collar



It's worth giving reverence to a little black jacket at this moment.  A truly useful piece.  Work,  yes,  but also with a graphic T and jeans or as I have in this post, for the party season.


There you have it, a festive look from my existing wardrobe by pairing items not usually worn together in my world. 

I think it worked and Mr Him approved. 

Now it's your turn.  The challenge of the week,  pair black with gold or silver that's in your wardrobe.  

3 comments:

  1. You are looking lovely, Miss Anna! Know what you mean though, even after many years of estrangement from work, I've still had to work so hard at cross-functionalising my wardrobe (love it!) with jeans and ex-working jackets. It sort of borders your "things that shouldn't be" territory.
    I really like your TW outfit so I'm up for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.s. FTS, I love that necklace so please add my name to its fan club.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Tunbridge Wells is a lovely place, I haven't been there for so long.

    H

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible soon.