Saturday, 17 September 2016

Outfits for Ladies who Dine

Another quick post today in the hope that I can just post a few outfit pictures.  This past week I have been lucky enough to go out to two meals that were ladies meals.  Even luckier  I was sitting next to the only man at the second event. Incongruous I know.

Both days were unseasonally balmy. Both saw me bearing bare arms, yes at my age!  Horrifying I know but in 90f what else do you?  So yes, I scared folks but they pretended not to be too aghast.


For the Tuesday dinner out at Cotes I chose to wear camel linen trousers and a jersey giraffe print top.  This was office appropriate and suitable for dinner. I bought these trousers in Next about 10 years ago.  The duster jacket only stayed on me in the office when the air con blasted.  Being jersey it's easy to scrunch into my bag with no ill effects crease wise.  Anyway I clearly didn't worry about creases wearing linen!

The jersey duster is from QVC here.  I have worn this in black so much since buying it.  Its perfect for putting on and taking off in the office (as I suffer air con and personal summer) and walking to the station.  I can see this being used in the winter too.  There is a bow on the back.  I would have preferred without but its still a great item. Ignore the blue shoes, I wore camel wedges in reality. 







For the lunch in London I spent  a while deciding on a jacket and ended up not wearing one beyond my front door.  









I had a quick change into heels in a changing room along the way.  I had nipped in to try on those trainers that are on the floor but also chose it as the moment to add my finishing touches. Yes I had two bags too. One had my jacket and a raincoat in along with heels. The other was my handbag. 






1 comment:

  1. You look the business, Anna. Gorgeous outfits and you look lovely, so young professional. I do hope you're going to share that interview with us soon. I too had to go out with two pairs of shoes last night. But less bags. I like how the lining of your handbag matches the-jacket-you-didn't-wear too. Nice subtle touches. Great post

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible soon.