Wednesday, 21 September 2016

Elegant Ladies - What They Take to Picnics

Over the last few weeks I've had several eating affairs consisting of bring something to share. 

On two of those an elegant colleague waived her hand with dismissal and said 'I'm just bringing some cheese. '

This ultimately consisted of marble cheeseboard emerging from a White Company paper carrier bag, followed by a selection of runny French cheeses. 

I declare a cheese board to be  a stylish item to take to 'bring something' event.

If you are interested I took salami style meats to one and gingerbread to another.  Neither were runny,  smelly,  blue nor served on marble. 

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could construct a cheese board with finesse. My ''bring something' repertoire is as follows: a bottle of champagne or a catering platter of sushi from Woolies. There is actually a cheese room staffed by a wonderful French lady at Woolies as well but I am resistant to change.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested! And I'm sure your somethings were no less yummy in the absence of marble, Anna. They sound pretty perfect, as was your choice of carrier bag tio, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible soon.