Tuesday, 2 August 2016

Pleather Moto

It's Tuesday and inspiration for work attire for the week expired on Monday.  I'm now tapping fingers wondering.  Actually in the office who really cares what I wear as long as it's smart, unless it's Friday and then all bets are off. 

A Friday before I went on holiday I had a reckless moment.  I wore a black moto pleather jacket. You may be wondering what a woman my age, mutton  age,  was doing with a moto jacket in the first place.  I'll tell you.  The summer of 2014 Susan at Fifty not Frumpy wrote a very good post on the pleather moto jacket for the mature woman and how,  yes, we can wear it.  The next day I saw a beautiful example in Sainsbury's so a moto jacket for  £25 found its way into my trolley, nestled amongst the spinach. 

It's been worn these past couple of years as casual wear to go out  with family and friends 




That Friday I decided to be a daredevil and wore it to work.  I tried it with a skinny scarf as you can see. 



Comments made by colleagues were 'oh you're looking really cool.' And 'you're very with it today. '   I declare the jacket office friendly and wore it again last Friday.  This time I teamed it with a white T-shirt to show off my fake tan whilst it's still holiday dark.  Excuse the feet, I did put sandals on before I left the house.


Do you have a moto jacket?  Did you consider and then dismiss as too young?  What is your reckless item?


5 comments:

  1. Those are great looks, Anna. Nothing mutton about that look on you. My fave is the top one. And what a lovely kitchen.
    I too bought a pleather moto the winter before last. Maybe Susan inspired me too. It was an impulse from Peacocks so not an investment piece! But goodness, I've worn it a lot. It surprised me to discover that they go with pretty much everything. The added bonus is that I feel instantly sassy when I slip it on. And the added added bonus is that they wipe clean - just up my Lazy Girl street!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to your looks on a blog post in your moto jacket.

      Delete
  2. Did a few posts in the spring, with jeans and skirt. But you look so much better in yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible soon.