Sunday, 14 August 2016

Planning for a heatwave

I hear that next week may be hot, hot, hot. Over 33c hot. Yes, that hot!  Spanish plume hot!  A heatwave hot! These temperatures require a bit of planning. With that in mind I brought forward my booked legwax to last Wednesday .  I have started to  reacquaint myself with the fake tan (with disastrous results I might add, but that's another story blog.)

I will redo my pedi-nail varnish. I will dig out work appropriate summer skirts,  blouses and a couple of dresses. All this for a few days only.  Why?  It's because commuting in the heat is very, very uncomfortable.  It's because we all become a little less structured in our office wear in the heat. It's because summer is  a supernatural event in the UK. 

How many days will it be hot next week? They're  saying the weather will break on Wednesday so that's 2 office days that I'm planning for.  Is it worth it?  Oh yes!  It's worth it to get out of office formal.  


Talking of office formal, once again on Friday I had an adventurous moment and wore, what could be described as pyjamas.  Although not literally I did tell my colleagues several times 'in case your are wondering, I am NOT wearing pyjamas.'

This is what I wore.  With the cardigan it looked less like pyjamas.  However the outfit is very comfortable.  The T shirt is 3 years old from M&S and the trousers this year from M&S here.  Without the tapered leg there is a similar pair here . The reviews for the ones I have aren't so great.  There appears to be washing issues.    I do find a pair or two of summer trousers really useful though.  As for the 3 year old t-shirt, this one would be a similar shape I think, although mine is modal blend. 



  

Now back to next week's heatwave, 
I shall possibly wear this dress


or this dress


I shall possibly wear this skirt and blouse









I will wear this suntan




I will wear this pedivarnish  - Cajun Shrimp





Then on Wednesday I will wear my rainmac. 

How are you preparing for the 'heatwave' of 2 days?


2 comments:

  1. we've been having a heatwave but it is better after recent thunderstorms yesterday. lovely clothes on display today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I'm off to France for a week and will miss the heatwave fun. I'll follow your posts to see how your nice clothes selection keeps you cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible soon.