Tuesday, 12 July 2016

Boden shorts on Vacation

On my Anna blog you will have read how I badly made a mess of shopping on A long walk to mighty Loft.

My shopping is not always such a disaster. Holidays are a great opportunity for sharing a few tips as I test them out for you,  under duress of course.  For that particular day out I chose to wear my new Boden chino shorts.  They are still available in the sale at a substantial discount.  I'm wearing the 6 inch length having read elsewhere that that is a flattering length. For many years I believed what the style  journalists said and avoided shorts as an older woman.  Now being even older I realise,  hey, what do they know, with one breath and the other breath,  I don't care.  They're practical. 

Along with the shorts I'm wearing a Mr Him made T shirt.  Yes he has his uses.  I bought a cheap white Primark T  a few weeks ago and Mr Him had a dip dye session. He likes to do that.  The children didn't when they were younger.  They weren't at all pleased with his unique concoctions for them.  He's improved.  I'm pleased with this outcome.

The hat I must tell you about too.  It's Coolibar and is UV protected.  These are available online in many styles. I bought mine a two years ago and liked it so much I bought 3 more in the half price sale around August time.  Look out for that.  Great summer investment pieces.  Some are squashable for packing too.

Fitflops, old but kept me sane doing all that walking.  





8 comments:

  1. You look so fashionably slim! My weight is in my stomach these days sheesh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I worked hard on it before I left.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, sounds like that hard work involved lots of gym and stuff,but you do look great in those shorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe in the gym. I'm far too old for that damage to knees and ligaments. All dieting I'm afraid.

      Delete
  3. Wow. That hat looks pretty good with the shorts. Who would have thought that? Sometimes it is just trying out everything with everything and look what looks cool! Great look. Thanks for joining the Ageless Style Link up party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's as much practical but I do try to style my hats to my oufit including shorts on holiday.

      Delete
  4. Looking fab here Hun. Nice to see your blog. Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible soon.