Tuesday, 10 May 2016

Ladder Shelves and Bistro Set

It's over a week since I waffled here.  Life has been busy as I have shown on my Anna blog here .  Still in the last few weeks I managed to squeeze in a couple of household purchases.

Our ensuite shower room has been troublesome since we moved in 5 years ago.  There was no storage. Not even under sink cupboards.  A carpenter told me that as the sink is on a pedestal it wouldn't make sense to build a cupboard underneath so that idea was scratched.   All the walls were occupied with towel rail or fixtures so another idea scratched.  Instead we continued to live out of a plastic crate.

A couple of weeks ago I found a step shelf unit on Amazon. This is the Sue Ryder one.  It's not ideal as it rises above the windowsill but more user friendly then the crate.  Sue Ryder do other heights too but I wanted one tall enough that we weren't bending down all the time.  We'd had enough of that with the crate.  It does the job. 



Do you have a spot in your garden that is an easy go-to for grabbing a cuppa, book or the odd wine in the sun.  For me that spot is occupied by a bistro set.  I love this set as it's great for one person reflection and relaxation or to enjoy the company of one other for gentle conversation  but there isn't room for a party. 





This set had served our tranquil moments  well for fifteen years old. It weathered storms and snow and had been  varnished and protected as best we could numerous times.  Time for it to retire.







At the Ardingly show I saw similar being offered at show price, about  £100 reduction.  It's worth stocking up on middle to big ticket items  at shows.  I've done this with wellies, coats and animal bedding before.   

We are now the proud owners of a new bistro garden set.  The old one will be relocated away from our prime spot where it can take a bit of a break.




2 comments:

  1. congrats on the new pieces. Those pedestal sinks do pose a storage problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of ladder shelves too!

    Your garden is so peaceful to look at. The garden set is a great idea.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible soon.