Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Deliously Ella


In my exuberance for a food makeover I have downloaded Deliously Ella to my kindle, ipad and laptop.  I have explored even more, to the extent of a full on relationship, medjool dates with nut butter. In my case this is WOW butter as we have a nut allergy in the house. WOW butter is a soya based butter with a flavour similar to peanut butter.  Ella talks of the combination of medjool dates with nut butter in the middles (remove stone and squidge in a teaspoon of nut butter).  Having read this, as I was tucked up in bed partaking of my pre-sleep read, I had to immediately go to the kitchen.  Here I wrenched open a date and stuffed it with WOW butter. Lit only by the glow of the open fridge I consumed this new taste sensation. I have barely stopped since.

Ella has also introduced me to polenta, which I had with mushrooms and roasted kale,


and Blueberry Porridge Squares.

I found the recipe for Blueberry Porridge Squares on Ella's blog, but it is a guest recipe from Livia's Recipes  http://deliciouslyella.com/guest-recipe-blueberry-porridge-squares/





These will be perfect as a snack for work on my carb days this month.




1 comment:

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible soon.